FAQs for Participants
5) Can I substitute/transfer someone else to attend the conference?
6) What is the cancellation procedure?
There are several costs involved in making preparations for the event very early on. Partial refund will be given at the request of the participant as per the following:
- Cancellation 15 days before the conference: 50% of donation amount will be refunded.
- Cancellation 6 days before the conference: 25% of donation amount will be refunded.
- Cancellation 2 days before the conference: No refund will be given.
7) Will there be any welcome kit/ presentation handouts provided during the conference?
8) Is Wi-Fi provided at Venue/Room?
We provide Wi-Fi facilities only for those staying in luxury rooms. However, being in the outskirts of the city, this network is erratic and, at times, quite slow. We encourage you to travel with an Airtel Sim card if you need constant and seamless access to the net as that is the only network which works best in the Valley.
9) What is the dress code?
There is no particular dress code and you are best advised to wear smart-casuals. The Indian clothing style is modest, so please bring clothing that covers shoulders, knees and the midriff at all times for both men and women. Suggested attire includes: ankle length pants for both men and women (avoid shorts or short skirts which make sitting on the floor uncomfortable/impossible). You are encouraged to cover thighs and wear nothing shorter than knee-length. Please avoid very tight clothes or walking around in transparent attire – both, for your own comfort and as a sign of respect for the local culture.
10) Where is the information/help desk?
12) Is there a conference App?
13) What is the closest Airport/Railway Station/Bus Stand?
- Closest Airport – Kempegowda International Airport, Bangalore – which is 80km away from PVI and takes an approximate travel time of 2.5 hours to reach by taxi.
- Closest Railway Station – Yashwantpura Railway Station, Bangalore –which is 48km away and takes an approximate travel time of 1.5 hours to reach by taxi.
- Closest Bus Station – Harohalli, Kankpura Road, Bangalore – which is 5km away and takes an approximate travel time of 15 minutes to reach by taxi.
14) Is there a Children’s Program Schedule? Are children charged separately?
Yes, the Global Festival of Spiritual Sciences has both: a Presenter schedule (for adults) and a Children’s Schedule. Both detailed schedules are shared on the website a month before the event.
Entry is free for children under 12 and they are allowed to stay with their parents in the room. There is a fee for participation in the children’s workshops which will be visible for booking in the registration form on the GFSS website.
15) Is parking facility available?
16) What is the check-in and checkout time?
17) Is there a Cab service available/Associated with the event?
18) What are the rules for wearing footwear inside PVI?
19) What kind of food should I expect at PVI?
Three wholesome, vegetarian South Indian meals will be served per day as per the timings mentioned in the program schedule. Please partake of the meals at the cafeteria at the given timings. Food is eaten in traditional Indian style with the right hand, but spoons and forks are available on request. The ashram kitchen will not be able to cater to any special diet requests.
20) Access to Drinking Water:
21) Bedtime suggestions:
22) Can you give an idea of the weather at PVI?
The city of Bangalore counts amongst the few cities in India that experience an agreeable weather throughout the year. Still, the best time to visit the garden city of India is between October and February.
As per Bangalore weather, the summer season lasts from April to June. The maximum temperature during the day rarely exceeds 33°C, making the summers quite mild.
The winter season in Bangalore stretches on from December to February. The minimum temperature in winters hovers somewhere around 10°C, with the coldest month being January. Early morning fog can also be experienced during December and January.
The Monsoon season in Bangalore is from June to August. The southwest monsoon rains drench the city in monsoons, taking the humidity to as high as 76%.